Sunday, December 11, 2005

Inauspicious beginning

Mere hours ago, I had all sorts of ideas about what I'd say for my blog's maiden voyage. (Can I use nautical imagery to launch a blog? I can't imagine there's a blog police, imagery divison. Though that would be quite amusing. You know they'd have to have the snazziest fedoras ever - always worn at the perfect jaunty angle.)

But now? I got nothing. Zilch. Zippo. Heaven only knows what will end up in here anyway. At my ancient age, this blog should be a meditation on the wisdom my life experience has brought me. Instead, I lack any real wisdom and am blogging as a result of peer pressure.

Does my very existence, perhaps, refute Darwin? My only comfort is that it surely must refute any notion of intelligent design.

Anyway. Meldraw? I blame you.

7 Comments:

Blogger Meldraw said...

Let this be a lesson to you, children. Nagging works.

I can barely form the words to express my utter satisfaction (and faint justification) in the birth of the Britomusings blog. Just know that I will be obsessively checking for new entries.

Only...this totally negates the P.S. I included in the Christmas card I sent you, Brit, which I already mailed. Right. Well, ignore that part.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Diane Kristine said...

Yay, Britomusings! Don't, you know, tell me about it or anything - just leave me to discover it through StatCounter. Fine. I can take it.

2:19 AM  
Blogger Elen said...

Whee! Brit's got a blog! NIce picture, BTW. It really captures your spirit.

6:35 AM  
Anonymous ersatzreality said...

Kewl.

Had to leetspeak you.

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now *I* want a blogger blog, but "Examorata" is taken so poop. I will stick with LJ. I need two of these things like I need another hole in my head!

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmph. You seemed to have a lot to say on MY livejournal.

Britomusings...hmm, might work.

Now I expect full updates on your life via blog.

MisaGoddess

8:28 AM  
Anonymous dreamy said...

C'mon, Brit, your public is clamoring for it...it's 2006, I want another entry!

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home